Why work for CASS?
Why we do it:
Calgary Alternative Support Services Inc. (CASS) was founded in 1988 to address the segregation, isolation, and limited opportunities available to people with disabilities. CASS enlists and develops human services professionals to support people to discover and contribute their unique strengths and talents. Our work is about making community connections. Whether it’s finding a place to live, getting a job, or connecting with opportunities for participation and learning, CASS serves people and helps to make the community accessible to everyone.
Through the opportunities and connections that CASS facilitates, citizen advocacy for diversity and inclusion is inspired. This is how CASS and the people we support strengthen the community.
CASS facilitates connections and opportunities that promote personal development and inclusive communities. CASS is committed to building diverse and inclusive communities where all members are engaged and valued.
What we are looking for:
All the support we provide is customized to meet the needs of the individual. We look to hire individuals who are dedicated, compassionate, creative, and positive.
Your dedication and compassion provide individuals with the ability to live and participate in the community on their terms allowing for consistent and long-term support.
Your creative approach to day-to-day recreational activities and personal care supports individuals to discover and contribute their unique strengths and talents.
Your positive person-centered support to youth and adults with disabilities or barriers allows for greater overall well-being through housing, employment, life skills development, community involvement, and opportunities to develop social networks and engage in the valued role of their communities.
Why work for us:
Workplace diversity at CASS means a supportive, harmonious, and respectful environment because we recognize, welcome, and embrace our differences.
The field of human services provides meaningful work. What you do has a purpose, and you know it directly impacts and contributes to an individual’s well-being while supporting the development of more inclusive communities which benefits everyone. You will also benefit from a hands on Senior Leadership Team with over 100 years of collective experience in the human services field that is committed to the well-being of staff and the individuals we support.
As a not-for-profit agency, we offer competitive wages within our field with additional perks:
- Professional development and career advancement opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits package which is paid for in part by CASS
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- 12 paid sick days per year for salaried staff
- Three (3) weeks paid vacation to start with an extra week at the 5 and 10 year anniversaries
- Voluntary Employee RRSP Program
- A workplace culture of creativity, innovation and collaboration
- Stable employment
Highlights from a recent Employee Engagement Survey
- 92% of staff report that they are proud to work at CASS
- 97% of staff report that the work they do is meaningful and provides a sense of personal satisfaction
- 89% of staff report that their colleagues are supportive of the work that they do
- 91% of staff report that their job motivates them to do their best every day