Each correctional peace officer (CPO) helps ensure that Albertans have safe and secure communities in which to live, work and raise their families.
CPOs perform a variety of security-related duties in:
- adult correctional centres
- young offender facilities
- community corrections facilities
What’s in it for you
Many people from across Canada and around the world choose to live and work in Alberta each year.
As a CPO, you get:
- a pension, excellent benefits and job security
- province-wide career opportunities
- a rewarding, challenging and dynamic work environment
- to be a part of a team with a high level of professionalism
- paid training opportunities
- promotion opportunities
- a chance to help people become contributing members of society