Click here to learn about future job openings
Each correctional peace officer (CPO) helps ensure that Albertans have safe and secure communities in which to live, work and raise their families.
CPOs perform a variety of security-related duties in:
- adult correctional centres
- young offender facilities
- community corrections facilities
What’s in it for you
Many people from across Canada and around the world choose to live and work in Alberta each year.
As a CPO, you get:
- a pension, excellent benefits and job security
- province-wide career opportunities
- a rewarding, challenging and dynamic work environment
- to be a part of a team with a high level of professionalism
- paid training opportunities
- promotion opportunities
- a chance to help people become contributing members of society